Yogyakarta can be reached conveniently from various international airports or using different modes of transportation (train or bus). The Adisutjipto International Airport (Yogyakarta airport) code is JOG. Information about the airport can be found here. Here is an overview about the possibilities:
- One hour flight from Jakarta (the capital) or 90 minutes from Denpasar (Bali)
- 30+ flights per day from Jakarta (and bus or train from Jakarta)
- 7 flights per day from Denpasar
- 3 flights per day from Singapore
- 2 flights per day from Kuala Lumpur
Foreigners depending on their nationality can either apply visa on arrival or visit visa. If your country is in the following list, you can apply visa on arrival, otherwise you need visit visa. Detailed information about visa can be found here. Please check here for any possible updates from the Directorate General of Immigration, Ministry of Law and Human Rights of Indonesia.